Saturday, 21 September 2013

Proposal Form

This is my Proposal form. I put both the Basic and In-Depth forms together to create this one which explains what i am planning on doing for my magazine.


Type Of Magazine
Pop Music with a sub genre of Teen-Pop. I have chosen this type of magazine as I feel it will be easy to create and I can associate quite a bit with the target audience. Magazines such as Billboard and Q have inspired me when thinking about creating my own magazine.

Name of Magazine

I chose the name ‘Vivi’ because it’s different to other names. Vivi is Spanish for the word ‘Alive’ and it has no relation to music or sound. For example there are things like ‘Top of the Pops’ and ‘We <3 Pop’ which show they are to do with music. My magazine name will not have anything to do with music however it does link with the feeling people tend to have when listening to music.*

Audience (Age/Characteristics/Interests)
My main audience will be girls. But because my magazine will contain images of female celebrities it may encourage boys to buy the magazine as well. The age range will be 12-19 year olds. The attitudes and interests of the audience will vary however the one main consistent in almost all of the audience members would be social networking sites and the Internet.
Outlet
My magazine will be sold at newsagents and supermarkets. The articles will also be available to be read online, on the magazine website.

Major conventions i will use

I will use a main image, masthead, essential information and barcode. The main image will likely be in the centre of the page with the main sell line as a banner at the bottom of the image. My image will slightly overlap the masthead to show its very important. The barcode and essential information will be found in the bottom right third of the front cover. I will also add in some selllines on the side of the front cover to help attract the audiences attention.

Conventions i may subvert/ change/ not use

I will not be using secondary images on my magazine as i believe it will make the front cover too crowded.


Necessary Information

The necessary information will be the date and issue number of the magazine which will vary depending on when the magazine is created. The price of the magazine will be around £2-3 which may change when the results of the survey are taken into account. However at this moment in time the price of the magazine is at that price as it means the target audience will have to money to buy it.
Selling Point

The main selling point of my magazine will be a free poster of the Band or Artist with the biggest song of the week. Also every month there will be at least one exclusive interview with a band or artist.
Theme
The theme of the magazine will be pop music. The articles in my magazine will have a range of different themes such as tour dates, album updates, interviews with the celebrities and information

Images Front Cover

The front cover image will be of an actual band named ‘Forbidden Juice’ that I took photo’s of when they came to my old school.


Images Inside

As I took Photography at school, I was asked to photograph a few of the school concerts so I can hopefully get those photos and use them in my magazine to make it as realistic as possible. I may also take some photos of my friends and use them as ‘Casual’ photos of celebrities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*“When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe”




― Henry David Thoreau


Potential area where there might be a problem How I will deal with this problem

Front cover images


If I can’t get my images from the school, as they may have been deleted, then I will have to find other people to take pictures of. Also if I run into any difficulties taking the photos then I can go and ask my old Photography teacher about it. I may also ask him on ways to make the image look better or more professional.

Article Inside Magazine

If I run into difficulties creating the articles inside the magazine then I will change the article. I will likely pick an easier piece of Music news to write about or a different artist.   

Images To Accompany Article

If the same problem arises as with the cover photo then I will have to find some other people willing to pose for photos I can use in my magazine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment